
Tonight, Owen found a costume my mom gave him a while back. Its two sizes too small now, but he got it on anyway and is wearing it to bed, as he and Griffin are having a slumber party. They had an eventful evening playing ball, sharing popcorn and posing for pictures which we will be sending in to one of the magazines he subscribes to. He ended the night bringing down Griffin's bed I made him when Griffin was our only child (it has a built in heating pad - which we plugged in tonight.) and told me he didn't want a story. Apparently his imagination is going wild with its own story tonight.

We went to the
MN Zoo today. Owen was off because of
Yom Kippur. We finally saw the Russian Grizzly Coast exhibit we'd heard such rave reviews on. It was worth the wait. The kids really liked the playful sea otters and the boiling mud. I had to finally pick Walter up and pull him away from that section. The animals seem much happier at this zoo versus those at Como. Its still sad to see them penned up.
Tonight we went to
Swenson's for dinner. Melissa's husband was out of town and Summer's husband was at school, so we had a playgroup family dinner. Its always nice to get out of the house at that time of day!

Yesterday we hosted playgroup at our house. Walter is really enjoying the
play dates these days. He's generally pretty quiet and
observant throughout them. He gets lots of attention from the older kids who like to care for the 'baby'.
Last night I managed to get a way for a yoga class, thanks to my friend Sarah, who took my boys and even fed them dinner! Its great to have this network of friends. I'm not sure how I'd be surviving this travel without them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment